Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Recent Things . . .

Most recently some of the things I've been interested in or are doing . . .

I've checked out the plot line for the Mortal Instruments series, which from the first book sounds very interesting. Here is a scope of the first book, with the book details from Borders.com.


Their hidden world is about to be revealed....

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Clary knows she should call the police, but it's hard to explain a murder when the body disappears into thin air and the murderers are invisible to everyone but Clary.

Equally startled by her ability to see them, the murderers explain themselves as Shadowhunters: a secret tribe of warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. Within twenty-four hours, Clary's mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a grotesque demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

If you want to know more about the series, check out the author's official site at The Mortal Instruments. The site seems fun and very interesting. I haven't really checked it all out, but it looks cool. I really like the plot line and it gets me really interested in what will happen to Clary and how she is able to see the demons and other stuff. I need to go get that book soon and read it!

Drama, a Korean drama, that I've been asked to check out is My Lovely Sam Soon or My Name is Kim Sam Soon. I checked out some videos posted on YouTube and they look very interesting. I read the story line on DramaWiki, which added more interest to me.

My Lovely Sam Soon is about Kim Sam Soon (Kim Sun Ah) is a baker who has a talent in making pastries and cakes. On Christmas Eve, she caught her boyfriend, Min Hyun Woo (Lee Kyu Han), cheating on her and breaks up on the same night. On that same night, she accidentally went into the men's restroom and met Hyun Jin Hun (Hyun Bin), a somewhat callous fellow but sometimes considerate guy. By sheer coincidence, Jin Hun needs a baker for his restaurant Bon Appetit and Sam Soon is unemployed. Sam Soon is hired as the restaurant's chief baker and the two fights like cat and dog. Nevertheless, they started to have feeling for each other and Sam Soon agreed to post as Jin Hun's girlfriend so his mother would leave him alone. Things got complicated when Jin Hun's ex-girlfriend Yoo Hee Jin came back from the States intending to win him back (Cited from DramaWiki).

When I found out Hyun Bin was in the drama, it made me want to watch it even more. I loved him in A Millionaire's First Love. He is good-looking and an awesome actor.


I just hope the drama will be as good as I hope. I'll let you know once I actually watch it. I don't know when, yet, because I'm kind of busy at the moment. But probably during Spring Break.

So, I've mentioned books and dramas, what's next? Anime or another drama. Actually BOTH! I've been watching Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge aka The Wallflower, a Japanese live-action drama from the manga series. It's really good. Kame from KAT-TUN is one of the main characters in the story as Kyohei Takano. Anyway, so far it is good and I'm sure it will continue to be so. The anime I've been watching is, of course, still Naruto and Bleach. Both very good, but they're showing fillers right now. I don't mind but I can't wait till they air the actual things that happen from the manga. I'm read the Naruto manga, so I know what is going on, and let me tell you, it is really, really, really good. I can't give away the plot, though, like how my brothers and sisters say I always give away without ever thinking. I should be reading the Bleach manga, but I've been behind on it. So I have a lot to catch up on.


The other manga I've been up to date with and reading and waiting for the next issue is Skip Beat! That manga is just totally awesome! I love it and can't get enough of it. The mangaka, Yoshiki Nakamura, is a great writer and drawer. This has to be the best manga series she's done in her career so far. I wonder what will be her next project after Skip Beat! I also hope Skip Beat! doesn't end too soon yet. I feel that it won't yet. There is still much much more for Kyoko to learn and experience in the entertainment business. She has still much to learn as a beginner actress, who has been growing rapidly well as an actress.

I still need to catch up on my One Piece anime. I'm so behind. That's all for now. Until next time!

No comments: