Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Poem for Today (Tuesday)

So, I finally have caught up with my poems to tell you my poem for today, Tuesday. I play racquetball every now and then, so I decided to write a poem about it. The form/style of today's poem is a rimas dissolutas. Here is the poem, let me know what you think of it:

Winning the Racquet Game

Blue ball goes bouncing
Back and forth, then it
Hits the white wall
Again and again till it calms down

The announcer is announcing
Where the winner should sit
Afterwards, the player goes down the hall
She exclaims in victory and acts like a clown

She begins jouncing
With her racquet and thinks she’s a wit
Because she’s able to hit the ball
Consistently without fail in a gown

She knows no end in flouncing
And she will never ever quit
Until she can no longer sprawl
Or until she has beaten everyone in town

No comments: