Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Monday's Poem



Lasting Hopes of Life


Water, wind, and wisteria I smell you
You are everywhere to me and beyond
The sky that changes from hues of blue
I look at you for answers within my bond
Of unconscious mind that sleeps deep in slumber
I yearn to awaken that part of me
And reach for the best and greatest number
Will it be more than ten or less than three?
I aspire to make it there someday and will
Succeed as long as I never give up myself
I want to forget it all but that bill
Will never let me forget Santa’s elf
Helping him make ends meet for better and to thrive
In the holidays for everyone to enjoy
In peace and happiness for them to strive
For their best rather than becoming coy
I see now that I can never end this cycle
As long as it runs, I must run as well
Or I will disrupt the means of this cycle
I want to go back to those times I could dream
Is it impossible to wish for it?
I need to feel it like the flowing stream
I will go and do as I deem and never quit

No comments: